We’re looking for a New Build Conveyancer to join our growing Conveyancing Department at ONP.
This is a really exciting time to join us. Our business has grown rapidly over the years to become one of the leading providers of legal services to the residential property and remortgage markets.
We don’t plan to stand still though – following private equity investment, we are looking to expand our Conveyancing Team, to meet the demands of our growing business.
The role will involve carrying a caseload where you will be acting for buyers in connection with their purchase of new build properties and in any related sales of their existing properties. You would need to be able to deal with the files from instruction to completion, liaising with all parties during the transaction.
You will also be responsible for supervising administrative support staff, supporting the Team Leader (offering cover for sickness and holidays) and helping with the development of more junior fee earners.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced New Build Conveyancer to take their next step on the career ladder and develop their management experience.
- Checking legal title in relation to the purchase including checking site documentation, contract and TP1 or Lease and raising any relevant enquiries.
- Preparing and issuing contract papers on any related sale;
- Analysing search results;
- Liaising with Help to Buy and mortgage lenders regarding drawing down client funds;
- Preparing completion statements and invoices;
- Dealing with exchange of contracts and legal completion.
- Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Solicitor/ Legal Exec/ Licensed Conveyancer with at least 5 years PQE or Residential Conveyancer with at least 5 years’ fee earning experience
- Experience of dealing with New Build Conveyancing essential.
- Experience of dealing with a variety of builders preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong client relationships
Remote working: After an initial office-based training period, there will be the opportunity to work from home for the majority of time, with some attendance in the office required a couple of times a month
To apply for the above vacancy, please send your CV to: HRDepartment@onpgroup.co.uk
At ONP we endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. If there is a need to engage with agencies, we have a preferred list of suppliers.